Cable Installation Engineer
As a Cable Installation Engineer you will focus on a variety of challenging cable installation related topics. You will assist our tender and project teams with engineering support during both preparation and execution phase. The engineering department in Breda consist of approx. 25 employees and you will work in a close-knit, international team of 8 cable installation engineers. Together you will work on our bright future.
- Collaborate with other engineers as well as tender, project and operational teams;
- coach junior engineers;
- prepare installation engineering assessments and perform cable installation analyses to develop suitable installation methodologies and determine limiting criteria;
- generate and check reports, specifications and calculations associated with the installation of cable products;
- manage the approval process of engineering assessments with marine warranty;
- develop appropriate in-house tools and guidelines, take care of administration of standards, guidelines and norms;
- take the responsibility towards organization of the engineering tasks and accurately monitor the progress of projects.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant engineering discipline;
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in the offshore (preferably wind) industry;
- experience with execution of cable installation analyses in Orcaflex;
- relevant experience with Naval architect subjects as vessel hydrodynamic, mooring, vessel stability and DP will be beneficial;
- strong analytical skills with a critical view towards the tasks to be carried out;
- flexible, proactive, result driven and adaptable;
- fluent in verbal and written English;
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance;
- a permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally;
- a stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities;
- a people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.