Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Technical Specification Engineer you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Marine Engineering. You can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. You will works, during the execution of the project in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system. As Technical Specification Engineer you will contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
As Technical Specification Engineer you are responsible for:
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performing technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engaging in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation).
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation; (i.e. mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.).
- Integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies and owner.
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database; (i.e. purchase orders, parts, metadata, documentation).
- Performing s required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composing technical/functional specification documents; (i.e. System Description Statements, HAT and SAT procedures).
- Verifying technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offering technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensuring good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participating in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Contributing to the further development of the engineering department.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Technical Specification Engineer you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- Preferably two years’ experience in mechanical or marine engineering and with statutory bodies.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Personal characteristics: quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position ofTechnical Specification Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.