Strategic Purchaser E&A/Combat
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Strategic Purchaser, you will be responsible for developing, improving and ensuring professional relationships with (strategic) subcontractors and suppliers. You will initiate market research and monitors and reports cost trends for key commodities and you functionally lead a category team in purchasing materials and products and outsourcing activities.
As Strategic Purchaser, you will be responsible for:
- Develop professional relationships in the marketplace to understand industry changes which may impact the company’s business.
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables.
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis (Int.) national suppliers & sub-contractors.
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up, maintain and ensure a suitable (strategic) supply base.
- Drive improvement processes with (strategic) subcontractors and/or suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation.
- Ensure supply contingency plans are in place in case key suppliers are unable to perform as required.
- Develop, initiate & maintain project related terms & conditions.
- Responsible for creating unambiguous processes / procedures / preconditions for the acquisition process (project-based and non-project-based).
- Leading a category team, define category strategies, implement and execute strategy (with relation to both strategic and non-strategic suppliers).
- Define procurement budgets for the Products and Proposals department.
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations.
- Developing and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures.
- Purchase products and materials and outsource activities (specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract management and aftercare).
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them.
As Strategic Purchaser you need to have:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree preferably in a technical direction such as Mechanical Engineering.
- Nevi-1, Nevi-2 and preferably Nevi-3.
- Minimum of ten 10 years experience in a technical environment.
- Experience with complex projects and project management.
- Substantive knowledge of or experience with strategic sourcing principles.
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the English and Dutch language (written and verbal) is essential;
- Ability to incidentally travel long distances and work abroad.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Strategic Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.