Quality Control Officer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our Vlissingen location. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Quality Control Officer you are responsible for an independent control of components and assemblies during the shipbuilding process. You will be also responsible for checking installations for quality and/or functioning and evaluating and reporting all the findings accordingly.
As Quality Control Officer you will be responsible for:
- Organizing inspections according to the inspection plan and executes these.
- Inviting customers, class and subcontractors to inspections and operates as a contact person for these inspections.
- Performing independent analyses in relation to the delivered quality and provides and distributes various reports.
- Making use of the application ‘In2CRM’ and supports others in this.
- Evaluating quality of steel construction, small ironwork and construction fitting.
- Evaluating quality of outfitting and different compartments during final phase of shipbuilding.
- Recognizing when you need to enable a specialist from a certain discipline at inspections.
- Ensuring all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
As Quality Control Officer you need to have the following profile:
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding.
- Minimum of ten years experience of quality control in shipbuilding or steel production environment.
- VCA-VOL certificate and hydraulics, pneumatics, and / or other specialized courses.
- Knowledge of and experience with CRM reporting systems and HSEQ procedures, and protocols.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Control Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.