Project Manager Combat
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Project Manager Combat, you will be supplying leadership for building-up and implement the combat part of the project organization. You will be responsible for the execution combat part of the project, which includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize the project within project scope, quality standards, budget, and timelines. The training facility consist of ship simulation stations, ship’s equipment, and maintenance training facilities. As Project Manager Combat, you will be accountable for ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer.
As Project Manager Combat you will be:
- Responsible for building-up and implement the combat part of the project organization from effective date of contract until final delivery to the customer. This includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize the project within project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Developing and executing a master project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality and timelines, reports on regular basis to the project director.
- Responsible for development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization achieve project goals.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of project with (financial) guidelines, business, employment and HSSEQ regulations and identify, examine, and assess risks in line with internal and external regulations and standards
- Accountable for the commissioning, trials, testing and delivery of the vessel to the client and classification society, this includes Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Harbor Acceptance Tests (HAT), Basin Acceptance Test (BAT) and Sea Acceptance Tests (SAT).
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards (including HSSEQ and AQAP) of performance are understood and owned by the management and employees.
- Managing the project including external flexible human resource planning and assure the project team can be staffed with the required capabilities.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
As Project Manager Combat you need to have:
- Master degree in a technical discipline supplemented with preferably an IPMA B certification.
- Experience with system engineering and complex (shipbuilding) simulation projects gained in international multi-site manufacturing environments preferable in defence or security industry.
- Experience working in complex international project environments and in building coalitions, internally and with other international Damen entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Fluent in English and good command of German language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Combat, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1