Interim Quality Control Officer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Quality Control Officer who can start on short notice on a temporary basis until May 2023.
As Interim Quality Control Officer, you are successful in carrying out work independently, with a lot of freedom. You have good verbal and written skills. In addition, you are technically strong and a social networker. In complex important situations, you form a balanced and reliable opinion. You make use of all available sources of information within the organisation an remain objective and put your own interests aside.
As Interim Quality Control Officer you like to take initiative, are proactive and you have an eye for detail and work carefully. You always know where to find points of improvement on a personal or process level. In addition, you know what is going on and can oversee the work field. In the team, great importance is attached to collegiality, openness, health and safety and job satisfaction.
As Interim Quality Control Officer you will independently inspect components, systems and processes for quality and functionality, according to the HSSEQ Management System in which procedures and responsibilities are defined.
As Interim Quality Control Officer you will be responsible for management and execution of inspection activities. This means:
- Organise and perform inspections according to the inspection and test plan, together with your colleagues.
- Invite customer representative, classification body and subcontractors for inspections.
- Function as point of contact on inspections as you are the link between production organisation and customer.
- Advise the production coordinator and manager on production-related issues with knowledge of standards, customer requirements and procedures.
- Report and distribute inspection reports and making independent analyses on these.
- Take responsibility for compliance and application of HSSEQ guidelines within your own working area.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
As Interim Quality Control Officer you need to have the following profile:
- Relevant MBO-4 and/or Bachelor degree and at least two years relevant work experience in a relevant sector.
- Certified in VCA-VOL, hydraulics, pneumatics or other relevant specialised courses.
- Experience with reporting systems, HSSEQ procedures and protocols.
- Competent to assess the quality of, for example: steel construction and small ironwork, benchwork, finishing, piping and general areas.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Interim Quality Control Officer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.