Engineer Combat systems (Project-Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Engineer Combat Systems you will support technical activities related to Combat Systems for Naval vessels, in the areas of definition and technical specification of these systems, procurement support and engineering integration. These activities will include validation and verification support of developed and delivered combat systems against their requirements and specification, be it through engineering data and documents or installation and integration tests. Projects can be either new build ship design and development or updates and refits for existing vessels. As Engineer Combat Systems you will get involved in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command, and control systems. Your effort will result into an integration of systems into a naval combat suite for Damen Naval ships.
As Engineer Combat Systems you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the combat system engineering group on sustained performance by delivering quality engineering products within budget and on a timely basis on allocated projects.
- Supporting the subcontractor contribution to the project(s) during preparation and execution phases.
- Participating in project reviews and taking ownership of the assigned projects activities to drive targeted results for schedule & quality.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Understanding the execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the subcontractor(s).
- Preparing for and participating in contractual milestone reviews, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT, supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager as internal accepting party.
- Assisting the warranty authority on all warranty issues that have been identified.
- Supporting the proposal department in creating proposals for new systems for projects and in proposal evaluation(s) of received technical proposals from candidate subcontractors.
- Assisting the technical subcontract manager(s) in defining, establishing, and testing functional and physical interfaces.
As Engineer Combat Systems you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field, preferably with an Electrical, Aerospace, Maritime or Systems Engineering specialisation.
- Hands-on experience in engineering and/or subcontract management support of complex systems, gained in the shipbuilding or a related industry.
- Experience in working with engineering tooling & software such as CAD software and PLM systems.
- Experience in hands-on interaction and activities with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors’ staff and project managers in shipbuilding or a related industry with multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- Basic understanding in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience.
- Experience with working in complex project environments.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Combat Systems and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.