Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Electrical Power Systems Engineer you will be working in the field of Electrical Power Systems Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations related to the Electrical Propulsion systems. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables.
As Electrical Power Systems Engineer, you will work closely with the Propulsion System Integration engineers for delivering a completely integrated Propulsion system. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, drawings and test/validation plans.
As Electrical Power Systems Engineer at Damen Naval, you will:
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Align internally with other engineering disciplines about solutions and specifications.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents, particularly Propulsion Control and Power Management system specifications.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform electrical and automation interfacing of the several propulsion components with the Propulsion Control System and Power Management System.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
As Electrical Power Systems Engineer, you need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering. Marine Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical Power systems and preferably related to Electrical Propulsion.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and drive systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in the design of Propulsion Control and Power Management systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliance precautions.
- Experienced to work on Class-regulated products and in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors and to work in complex project environments.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, preferably also German (written & verbal).
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Power Systems Engineer and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.