Damen Mid-Sized Vessels
Do you have experience in Project Planning, preferably in Engineered-to-Order Projects? Then this could be you new role!
We are Mid-Sized Vessels (MSV) within the Damen Shipyards Group. We deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. defense & security, public transport, offshore and dredging.
Our projects are Engineered-to-Order (ETO), which means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase, building the PM strategy until commissioning, delivery and warranty. The vessels are being build at our yards in Romania and we work closely with our engineering teams in Poland and Ukraine.
We offer an opportunity to work in an international team of people wo are focused on developing new and innovative technologies within the maritime industry. This makes our work very challenging because the environment in complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
As Project Integration Planner you are part of the Project Leadership Team (PLT) that sets up, coordinates and controls complex shipbuilding projects across organizations located in The Netherlands, Romania, Poland and Ukraine.
You are responsible to develop the role and the Integrated Project Team (IPT) with emphasis on planning and scheduling, initially through the Project Start-Up and Planning Phase, and on through the Execute, Monitor and Delivery Stages of major projects. Through planning and scheduling of the project you manage two different Integration aspects; Stakeholders, Customers, Internal parties, Engineering Services and Sub-Contractors, with the Major Scope elements in vertical and horizontal alignment of Scope, Work Packages and Resources in relation to Budget and Scheduling. Project completion is your priority, working with the overall Damen interests in mind and taking into account client wishes.
- Responsible for project definition, planning and road-mapping and overall project integration and communications, Project Execution Plan and Decision Support documents to ensure the safe delivery and handover of the Project.
- Provide work direction to team members, assign work packages, meet daily with team members, balance workloads, monitor and ensure quality work; Manages resources on project level.
- Understand and lead framing of the project and all necessary decisions, development and maintenance of an effective project plan and work streams, and how to implement and monitor effective decision quality;
- Support the building, leading and maintaining of an integrated project team, aligned to the project goals and objectives; help develop the project work plan, focus on day to day project issues and activities, and execute the integrated work plan;
- monitoring the realization of agreed planning, budget and other targets, ensuring timely interventions. Arrange Performance Management activities, including team dashboards, and facilitates performance meetings as well as stakeholder reporting.You have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
- Supplementary education in Planning and Scheduling, Project Management or Business Management is desired;
- 7+ years work experience in in a relevant setting (shipbuilding, oil & gas construction, large capital goods realization);
- Experience in operations or projects requiring multi-discipline integration and coordination;
- Sound knowledge of stage-gate project systems;
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Able to work as generalist, project integrator and facilitator of teams;
- A self-starter with a proactive and result oriented focus;
- A strong communicator, listener, influencer, organizational networker with interpersonal skills; you show, by nature, a professional and balanced attitude. You fuel necessary discussions and de-escalate when needed;
- Experienced in CPA, MTA, EV and Forecasting methodologies. Both actively yourself and guiding involved parties in adopting these practices and providing information for integrated reporting.
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.